We all know that marketing has changed significantly over the last few decades. There are certain things that have remained consistently effective when it comes to brand recognition, swag items being one of them. People still like receiving promotional products and especially useful ones. Depending on distribution, it may be more effective to select something of higher cost that the user will value and keep longer, maybe an insulated tumbler. If the goal is to reach a broader audience, go with something less valuable but perhaps just as useful like a pen. Let these statistics* help guide your decision to get the best ROI for your business.
1. 85% of people remember the name of a company that has given them a promotional product
2. Consumers are 2.5x more likely to have a positive impression of promotional products compared to internet advertising.
3. 87% of consumers keep promotional products for over a year.
Here are some examples based on popular branded giveaway categories among US consumers:
4. 50% own a promotional writing instrument.
5. T-shirts are the most popular with consumers over the age of 55
6. 50% own a promotional bag. Among 18-24 year old women, 57% own one.
7. 53% own logoed drinkware, 50% of them use the item 2-3 times per week.
8. 45% own promotional USB Drives, and 91% keep them because they are useful.
9. 29% own branded calendars, and 76% of those consumers have them displayed in their home or office.
10. 50% of consumers own logoed outerwear and 75% of those keep them because they are useful.
It is also important to consider the timing of a product – Think outside to box to gear your goods towards an event or the time of year. Is your audience going back to school? Think USB drives or cord wraps. Are they going to a football game? Maybe a clear tote bag. Do you want to engage your audience in social media posts? Give out something like trendy sunglasses to encourage fun photos. Regardless of the timing – go with a unique, useful and memorable item to make your brand stand out.
The right promotional product is out there for your business. There are endless options, and if you need help finding the perfect fit, we can help!
Katie proudly sports her Jet coffee mug almost everyday. She loves finding the perfect swag items for clients and then seeing them in action!