Circa late 1990s in Henderson, Nevada (feat. half of my brother) —> cheesing hard in slush season at my favorite place in the world —Mary Jane Mountain, Winter Park.
Kati Velazquez is the Content Manager at Jet Marketing and has been a part of the team since April 2019. With a background in journalism and digital marketing, her expertise is primarily in copywriting, organic SEO and project management. Kati is the only Bear on the Jet squad, graduating from the University of Northern Colorado in 2016, and she loves that her job allows her to tell stories and meet new people.
At Jet, we really get to know our clients, and we want them to know us beyond just a professional level. In the airport bin below, you’ll find some things that define who Kati is when she’s not working in the barn.
Kati’s Airport Bin Picks
- Dog collar: Dogs are my favorite, specifically, my mutt Hank, whose been my number one source of unconditional love for almost six years. He’s always going through style changes with his collars, but his most recent one is a tribute to my hometown’s hockey team — Go Knights!
- Ski goggles: From November through May, I’m sitting passenger seat in my boyfriend’s Rav 4 battling I-70 traffic so we can put skis on our feet and breeze down slopes and through trees at Mary Jane Mountain (or literally any mountain we can get to on our Ikon Pass). My record number of days in a season is 23, which might seem like a joke to most native Coloradans, but it isn’t too laughable for a Northern Colorado weekend warrior from the desert. Just sayin’.
- Concert tickets: Seeing live music is one of my favorite experiences in the world. Whether I’m seeing a musician I’ve seen 25 times (shout out to Andrew McMahon’s repertoire of bands) or absorbing some face-melting guitar riffs from a band I’ve never heard of before, for me, there’s truly nothing like going to a show. Chances are, I’m probably going to a concert this weekend.
- Plant: A recent passion of mine inspired by killing several of my friend’s plants while house-sitting this summer (sorry Shannon), I’ve enjoyed learning about plants and what it takes to not kill them. I have a few lil’ babies in my collection at home and a few here in the barn, but I love the satisfaction that comes from watching them grow — plus, they look pretty.
- Medal: To say that I’m a runner would be insulting to people who actually are, but I occasionally enjoy tying up the laces on my Mizunos and having an excuse to get outside. Fun fact: I recently got 8th place in my age group in this year’s local Fortitude 10k, which is what this keychain-looking medal represents.
- Bachelorette rosé wine bottle: Something I used to be embarrassed by that I embraced the past few years is my infatuation with the Bachelor/ette franchise. Sure, these shows require very little brain usage, but they give me an excuse to see my friend Meagan every Monday night (she made this bottle for me as a gift), and drink some darn good (and sometimes questionable) $10 wine.
Top 5 Favorite JetTunes Contributions:
- “La La Lie” – Jack’s Mannequin (first favorite band whose shows sparked my love for live music)
- “Twentyseven” – Futurebirds (most recent favorite band to see live)
- “Stop Drop Roll” – String Cheese Incident (do you like literally any kind of music? give these guys a listen *insert cheese emoji*)
- “So Fine” – Kyle Hollingsworth Band (reminds me of my best friend)
- “Never Let You Go” – Third Eye Blind (classic banger; also, most of my friends know me by my affinity for 90’s feel-good music)
Curious what the Jet squad has been listening to lately? We have a wintry playlist that came out last month that will make you want to bundle up in blankets and stare out the window in contemplation as snow falls. Follow us on Spotify and check out our collection of JetTunes playlists here!
About My Nonprofit of Choice: Dear Jack Foundation
In the spirit of giving, this holiday season the Jet squad each chose an organization near and dear to our hearts to support, with Jet donating $100 to each.
The Dear Jack Foundation is a Denver-based nonprofit that offers resources for adolescents and young adults who either are currently facing a life-threatening cancer diagnosis or who have in the past. Its goal is to help improve the quality of life for these people, who are the lucky survivors of a deadly disease. Originally I was introduced to the nonprofit as a teenager because my favorite musician was the founder, and he suffered a battle with leukemia; but as I grew older, I started to learn more about how Dear Jack truly helps individuals, many of whom are my age, deal with an illness most of us will never have to experience.
You can learn more about it here.
Stay tuned: This is the third post of five for Jet’s most recent blog series: First Class Features. In this series, we highlight some of the things we care most about in our personal lives so our followers can get to know us a little better than they already do! We’ve already featured the Boss Lady Jackie (which you can read here) as well as our wonderful Creative Director Erin (which you can read here).
Who do you think will be next: Digital Guru Jenny or Special Projects Extraordinare Katie? To get the latest from Jet Marketing and to be one of the firsts to check out these features, make sure to follow us on Facebook and to select the “See First” feature. Trust us — you don’t want to miss out on these!